The Western Oil and Natural Gas Dashboard is a compilation of government data related to oil and natural gas development in the West. The Dashboard is designed to help policymakers, the media and the general public identify and understand trends in western oil and natural gas development.
Below is the 2012 data set. To begin viewing the information, click the graphic below to launch the interactive PDF; you can also access the individual topic sheets by using the quick-links below. Our updated 2013 dashboard information can be found here.
- Producing wells on western federal lands
- Completions on western federal lands
- Total U.S. federal onshore, offshore, and tribal oil and gas production
- Production on federal and state and private lands in the West
- Revenue from federal Application for Permit to Drill (APD) fees
- Refined federal protest information
- Hard numbers on how leased public land is being used
Last updated: July 25, 2012